Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Won't Back Down

Shit is starting to pile up. This weekend was entirely spent studying and trying to get caught up, which is starting to seem like an exercise in futility. Caleb printed out all the notes for our first test. He printed out six slides per page. The notes completely filled a big 3-inch binder. Holy crap. Pretty much everyone is starting to freak out about this first test, and although I feel totally unprepared for it, I am not feeling any anxiety yet... yet. I know somehow I will be ready come exam time, even if it means not sleeping for a few days.

Monday morning we went over protein translation and regulation of gene expression. Biochem is incredibly boring and I have discovered I am more productive skipping class and getting more sleep, and then watching the lecture at double speed in the afternoon. We had a very long lecture over muscle tissue in histology that afternoon. I got my car back with a brand new clutch (that cost me a grand :/ ) but it has never felt better to drive! Tuesday morning we went over nerves in histology and had our humanities discussion in the afternoon. Apparently after this week, we are breaking up our humanities discussion groups and reorganizing, and joining with students from nursing and pharmacy school. That should be interesting :)

Tomorrow we don't have class until 1:00, and we have Thursday off. So the plan for tonight is to stay up till around 4 or 5 studying and then get 6 or 7 hours of sleep before histology lab, where we will be observing muscle tissue. Time to meet this test head-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment