Saturday, August 14, 2010

Luck Be a Lady

Friday the 13th... normally I'm not a superstitious person, but this day has changed my mind.

After an amazing Thursday night on northgate, I was driving back home around 2:30 when my clutch gave out... I ended up stranded on the side of Harvey Mitchell Parkway half a mile from my apartment. I had to call up my buddy/tankmate Caleb and we drove to Walmart to get a tow cable so we could pull my car the rest of the way to my apartment. The irony here is that his car would not start that morning, and I had to give him a jump start. Of course we had to hit up Whataburger afterwards.

In the morning we went over RNA transcription in biochem, followed by histology lab. We reviewed slides of epithelium and skin, which was actually quite interesting. After lunch we had histology lecture over nervous tissue, and then we had our quiz. This is when I decided today was going to be a shitty day. Since I use a Mac, I had to borrow one of the med school's new laptops running Windows 7 in order to take the quiz. Halfway through the quiz, the computer randomly shut down. I had to wait until everyone finished so that they could get me another loaner. Before taking the quiz I had to wait so they could re-upload the test to their server for me. I finished taking the quiz, and when I clicked on submit, the new computer crashed. It wouldn't let me log back in, so they had to bring me a third laptop. After waiting once again I was finally able to retake and submit my quiz, but what should have been a 10 minute quiz ended up taking over an hour.

After class, we hit up the Dixie Chicken followed by O'bannon's. I went home, took a nap, and then woke up and started studying again. At around 11, people started calling/texting me so I found a ride and went out to northgate again. It wasn't as much fun as last night, but it was still a great time as usual.

Bottom line is, Friday the 13th sucks. I have to wake up early tomorrow to get my car fixed, so it's off to bed for the night....

1 comment:

  1. From Mom:
    Love the blog! Big lesson on Friday the 13th eh? Enjoy your writing style... a naturally good writer. Ah what joy for mommy. XOXO

    ReplyDelete