Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Wars

I didn't have much free time this weekend to write a new post due to having so much to do (also I forgot about it), but I will try to summarize everything here.

Friday morning was our first histology lab, which basically consisted of looking at a bunch of tissue slides and identifying visible structures. Microscopes are no longer used in lab, instead all of the slides are now digital in unbelievably high resolution. It is possible to zoom in all the way on individual cells in a single tissue sample, very cool. In the afternoon we had histology lecture where we went over connective tissue.

My parents came up that afternoon to bring up the rest of my stuff for my apartment, and we spent most of the weekend cleaning and setting everything up. Friday night everyone hit up northgate and had a great time. Saturday a group of the M1s went out to Lake Bryan for a big picnic, and then went out kayaking on the lake. It was pretty fun, but most of us left early to catch up on our studying. Sunday was entirely devoted to studying.

Today, we had anatomy in the morning, we went over the lungs and development of the respiratory system, and then covered the autonomic nervous system. The first lecture was given by an M2 which was pretty cool and much more interesting than most of our classes so far. After that I had the day off (but spent it studying), as my lab partner Abby and I were not scheduled to be in lab for this session. Our next lab is on Wednesday, so one of the dissecting teams (Danyal/Ahmad) is going to have to teach us everything that they learned during that dissection. Abby and I will be quizzed over this material at the beginning of Wednesday's lab, and whatever grade we achieve is applied to our entire tank group.

I have a lot of catching up to do since the weekend was mostly spent setting up my apartment, so now I must get back to my studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment