Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Circles

Last night was a verrrry long night. Our reading assignment for biochem was basically to relearn our entire first semester of biochem from undergrad. DNA replication, transcription, translation, as well as cell biology and signal transduction. A lot to cram into a single night, and then we had a quiz over it all in the morning. All of our quizzes and exams are now computerized, which was a new and pleasant experience. Today we had biochem all morning, basically reviewing everything that we read the night before. In the afternoon, we had a humanities session, where we broke up into small groups and discussed issues such as bedside manner and ethics. We will be having these meetings once per week, apparently.

Tonight was spent mostly going over the anatomy of the pectoral region and breast in preparation for anatomy lab tomorrow, where we will begin dissecting our cadavers. I am excited beyond anything I have felt in a long while. I will get into more detail about how dissection works within our groups later, but I will say that I am part of a 7 person team working in shifts. For now I must sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Pablo! I know you all will do wonderfully. The blog idea is cool, I know you will really appreciate it and enjoy going back to read your posts when you are officially Dr. Martinez!! =)

    ReplyDelete