Sunday, August 22, 2010

Salt in Our Wounds

Well. I don't even know what to think about that stupid test. I was up the entire night and didn't get a single minute of sleep. I went to the histo lab at around 3am to review slides and spent about 4 hours in there... It was a pretty long night.

The test was divided into two sections, one was multiple choice and the other was a powerpoint presentation in which we were shown various histological or anatomical images and had to answer questions about them. The multiple choice didn't feel like it went too bad, however the powerpoint section was just horrific. I spent three days studying embryology only to have a grand total of 4 questions over it out of 150. The other students seem split between those that thought the powerpoint was very difficult or those that thought the multiple choice was very difficult. I don't think I met a single person who felt good about the whole thing.

We went for drinks right after the test, then I came home and slept for about 12 hours. Yesterday I woke up early and went out to get things done. I ran errands and stopped by the mall to take advantage of tax-free weekend. I also cleaned my apartment and did laundry. Last night I went to northgate where a bachelorette party was happening. Definitely some crazy stuff went down, including a guy donating his boxers to the bride-to-be and another guy stripping down on the Corner Rooftop Bar and dancing for her.

Today is going to be a laid-back and relaxed day before the mayhem ensues once again. I don't know when we find out our test grades, and I don't really want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment