Friday, September 3, 2010

Drowning Lessons

FML. Wednesday night our lab group met with Dr. Chen in the anatomy lab to review test material for an hour or so. I had been feeling pretty good about my progress in studying until then. His questions about the cadaver crushed these feelings to the ground and rubbed them in the dirt. Since the lab practical section will cover everything we have done in anatomy lab since Day 1, the amount of information is unmanageable. We have come to the conclusion that it is impossible for any person to know everything really well. Anytime you walk around and hear people talking, you feel like you don't know anything. This is because every person knows one area really well and just a bit of everything else. I knew anatomy very well for the first exam. I know the new anatomy material quite well, but it has started to overwrite the old material and I am frantically trying to relearn the old material. There isn't much histo on this exam, but up to 20% can be old material and I have no idea how much histo they are going to pull out of their ass from the first exam material. And biochem is probably my weakest subject at the moment, so that is what I am going to study next.

No sleep tonight. Study break is over, off I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment