Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love/Hate Sensation

Today we got our test scores back, and I did fantastically. I almost got a perfect score on the anatomy lab portion of the exam, of which I am quite proud. If I do well enough on the fourth exam, I should have a B for the block.

Yesterday began with a continuation of the abdominal wall lecture, followed by the anatomy of the penis. Apparently we will be dissecting penises (penii? haha) sometime this week... that should be interesting. This lecture was followed by a histo lecture on hematopoesis (blood formation), which was expectedly complex and nerve-wracking. The afternoon was just our weekly group session, nothing special to report.

This morning was our clinical skills class, and we all had to wear professional attire and our white coats. We had an actual patient with asthma come in, and volunteers had to go up and take his history and try to figure out his health issue (this was before we knew it was asthma). In the end we learned that the "patient" was actually a doctor, who also happened to have asthma. It was an interesting lecture and I enjoyed it very much. This was followed by a physiology lecture on the electrical properties of cell membranes, which put me to sleep. Speaking of sleep, a facebook group has been made where pictures of sleeping students are being put it. They are quite hilarious, thankfully I have yet to make an appearance. In the afternoon, we dissected the muscles of the anterior abdominal wall, which was pretty cool. Abby and I will be teaching Pickles and Ahmad what we learned. Now back to finishing my study session so I can get some sleep, as the rest of this week is going to suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment