Saturday, November 27, 2010

Here in My Room

The title pretty much says it all. I didn't do much of anything over the break, which is precisely what I had hoped for. Mostly I just sat around with my dog and listened to music, as a ton of great albums came out this past week. I also started reading "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" which is a pretty awesome murder-mystery tale. Aside from that, I ate and slept. A lot. Tomorrow I fly back home for the final stretch. Crazy to think that in just 2 weeks, we will be finished with Phase I of medical school. We then have a week to study for the NBME (National Board of Medical Examiners) exam, which we must pass in order to continue on to Phase II, which will last 18 months. The exam will cover everything we learned in Phase I... except histology, which pisses me off because we dedicated so much time to it. It's a lot of material to review, but apparently the exam is very easy and all the M2s keep telling us not to be worried. So I'm not.

Oh, and I got back my Exam III grade and I got an 89. They just don't wanna give up that "A". Sigh. Oh well, now it is time to go back into a food coma from all I've eaten in the past week.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH what about your parents, brother and grandparents who were at your beck and call cooking your favorites, taking you out to dinner, the movies ....????? The dog???????????????

    ReplyDelete
  2. And about not worrying about the NBME...... I would be highly cautious. Remember the story of the tortoise and the hare?

    ReplyDelete