Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Every Day is Exactly the Same

Been a while since my last post, due to the fact that we have a test the Friday following a Monday exam... So, this past Friday night was spent celebrating the end of Exam I out on Northgate... the rest of the weekend was spent sleeping and studying. We got our exam grades back on Monday, and I did excellent, ending up with a mid-B (which is much better than I expected). Monday morning we went over lymphatics of the main body trunk and then had an orthopedic surgeon come in and show us some of the surgeries he has performed on the lower extremity. Nothing new for me since I already shadowed an orthopedic surgeon for a good while. In the afternoon we had anatomy lab, where we dissected the leg flexor muscles in the thigh. This was a straightforward lab and we got out after about an hour and a half. Tuesday morning my tankmates had to dissect the "leg" region; Abby and I had the morning off and got to sleep in, whoop! In the afternoon we had our humanities discussion, this time over professional boundaries, which was a pretty awesome topic. This morning we had clinical skills where we learned about performing basic exams to test for neurological disorders. We had the rest of the day off, but at some point before this Friday's test, we have to go into lab to study foot prosections (feet that have been dissected and labeled with pins for us by professors). I'll probably go look at those tomorrow afternoon after I finish studying the foot muscles. There's much to cram in the next 36 hours, so I probably won't be posting for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment